Share This

Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Back Again! Or: I'm Alive!

My dear, sweet, little blog! 

I've missed you so, so very much! I had no idea, it must be about a year ago now, that when I closed the doors to your little Universe, I'd miss it so dearly. Because of that I stand here, once again, in the throws of blogger bliss. Why, O, why, did I forsake thee? *weeps*





Where have I been in a year? Well, how much time do you have? Here, there, over there, underwhere—Wait, what?

Ahem.

Lately I've been blogging (YA Scream Queens and my tumblr) and vlogging (over on my channel). I've been interviewing authors and reviewing books over at Bookaholic Hartz and generally (still) getting back on my feet after everything last year.


WritaholicDK



Today, I've been manically busy trying to write an essay about the idea that—get this—Children's Literature is "trivial and ephemeral". I mean, REALLY? Are we still there?

Trivial. And. Ephemeral. THOSE WORDS.

As I'm sure you can imagine I have a lot to say. Just as well they gave me the word count I need to respond! ha ha

In returning to this blog, I suppose I want to stay focussed. My life is about writing, but sometimes other things are allowed to get in the way—grocery shopping, sleeping (ugh, what a waste of time!), eating, the gym, staring dazedly at the wall . . .  A little bit of accountability never hurt anyone, right?

So, short as what's left of October may be, I am determined to do something about it:


1. Finish the edits on HB (Horror Book—otherwise known as "Split" on my website)

2. Allow myself to feel satisfaction in what I do, and to not put such pressure on myself to conform to set ideas about what writers do or don't do (yes, I write for 8-10 hours a day, no I don't have a treadmill desk).  S'aaaaaallll good.

3. Finish this darn essay

4. Start taking those walks I promised myself without wondering what my computer is doing all alone in my writing cave without me . . . seriously, computer. What do you get up to when I'm gone, huh? HUH??

Iz got my eye on you, you little minx.

5. Allow myself to love my friends, and to accept their love. A wounded heart only stays that way if you never let it open again. 

6. Enjoy this Halloween because it will be amazeballs!!! 












3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

wibiya widget

Share |