Share This

Friday, 28 March 2014

Tides and Joys!

Today I'd love to talk to you guys about tides—specifically the tides of publishing. And of life too. A friend of mine, Kat Ellis (add her awesome book Blackfin Sky to your Goodreads here!), recently said something to me that stuck. She said:

Publishing is full of mad dashes and sloooow, laaaaanguid periods of quiet. So learn to love them both.

And, you know: She. Is. Soooooooo Right.

How often do we, as human beings, look forward at the next good "thing"? Either wishing we could start that new project that's been exciting us more than the revisions we have to do now, or wishing we had the time to just sit with a cup of tea and read a book, or wishing that life was more exciting, more full, more busy—just, more. 

Publishing—life—is like that. 

But the truth is that the grass you're standing on right now is the greenest of all! Okay, so you're too busy to have a moment to think—isn't that great?? Or, things have slowed down and you have nothing to do but whatever you feel like—AWESOME!!

I love the different seasons of my life, the different cycles of the year—I love them all. Equally. So I'm going to sit down with a great book (thank you Barbara Erskine!) and a pot (yes a whole POT *grins*) of tea, and just enjoy the quiet! I'm sure it'll be manic soon enough ;)


My teapot looks nothing like this. Sadly. 


I hope you will too! 

On another note, I recently talked about my writing cycle over on my youtube channel! 

Have a great weekend guys! 


1 comment:

  1. Ah, the pearls of wisdom one encounters over cake! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

wibiya widget

Share |