Share This

Friday, 31 August 2012

My Lifesaving Liver Transplant


Second Life, Second Chance. Hello again!





Hello world, I’m back again, and so thankful for it too! I'm all





















And





















And especially










Back in April, I finally gave in and posted the dreaded “out sick” blog to let everyone know that I’d be disappearing for a while.



What happened? Well . . .























I was sick. Very, very sick. For the last 13 months I’ve been in liver failure, waiting for a life-saving liver transplant. My whole life was like






























I really thought I might not make it. I was all























Because the universe seemed to be like























And I was like




















And then. THEN.























21 days ago I got the call that saved my life. There was a liver for me. I was saved by a brave stranger who died too soon. A stranger who donated all of his organs, and saved many, many lives. For this, I am eternally thankful.


For this, I am here. Healthy. Alive. BACK.

















This last year has changed me in a lot of ways. I’ve struggled through appalling symptoms and had to face a lot of difficult realities. I faced my mortality and prepared to die. I almost did.



I was like

















21 days ago, my second life began. I’d like to thank all of the people who have kept me going over the last 13 months and through the transplant process. It’s a big, big operation and a huge journey to go on, and I couldn’t have done it without my husband, my family and all of the hundreds of supporting messages I’ve received from all over the world. 


You made me
























THANK YOU.


Slowly, I’m taking up the reigns of my life again. And though I never stopped writing, it was certainly a feat to continue. Everything was a huge battle. Now it’s a priceless and precious gift.


And the coolest thing about being healthy?? 



































FOOD! 



When I woke up from surgery and realized I was hungry, I was like




















I'm a bit more in control of myself now . . . 



If anyone has questions about liver transplantation or about liver disease in general, feel free to email me or get in touch. It’s a harrowing experience, and if I can help anyone out, I will.



I’ll slowly be taking up the reigns of my blog and of my life, while trying not to be too much like











You are beautiful. It’s so good to see you.




Right now, I’m like


























While everyone else is like


















Love you guys!! 


I'd like to give a special shout-out to my US BFF, Amy Lukavics, who literally kept me going through this. I love you so much, and forever.

And, always, my husband and my mother.

7 comments:

  1. This is obviously my favorite blog post of ALL TIME. ALLL TIIIIIME! I just want to shout my love for you from the top of a mountain, lmao! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN!!!! I am SO glad that you are finally better so we can get down to planning that video game, movie, and candy party. Eeeep. (Also, so many of those gifs were lol-worthy. "It's on, BITCH!" lmao!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha!! LOOK OUT WORLD! Naughty Lukavics and Lucky Dawn are the BOSS! You'll see my awesome haul later ;D

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is such amazing news!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katie! It feels amazing to be alive.

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy you're re-livered and getting better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Leah—Thank you so much sweets! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

wibiya widget

Share |