Share This

Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Revisions. . . and kicking their butt

Long overdue. . . my first ever vlog. Wanted to talk about what's been going on with me lately.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn,
    Nice meeting you. I came across your blog visiting fellow bloggers. I think every writer dreads revisions. You mentioned three things that work for me: 1) printing my short story (my poor tired eyes prefer paper after a while). 2) Reading it out loud. 3) Taking a break. This one really works for me. I come back to it with fresh eyes. It also helps when my peers/fellow writers read the story and give me feedback.
    I'm officially now your latest follower, #31 to be exact ;)
    Cheers!
    Hope to see you in my neighborhood.
    Claudia
    www.claudiadelbalso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudia,
    Yes, the dreaded revisions. Well, ever since I got past that point of granite, it has all been flowing remarkably well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I loved it!
    Good job. :D

    I have the EXACT same problem with another of my manuscripts.
    I'm married to it, for several reasons.
    Being a still aspiring writer, I'm very early on in my work, and the manuscript is...well...my life. In a fictional sense, of course, but still, the whole thing is there.

    So yeah, definately married to that one, deeming it unsalvagable, and moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. . . I had said my vows to it, practiced the lines. . . when finally I just to had to say "look, manuscript, I love you. . . but I love myself more. I want a divorce. You could be something better."

    And then I did it and never looked back!

    Cheat on your manuscripts to make them better, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, Dawn. I know you're excited to be finished with this round of edits. I do love one thing about edits and that's rediscovering my characters and their motivations, then working to make those motivations stronger.

    You're one step closer to submissions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last time I came here I was not able to leave comments! I am not a writer and can't comment like others ... I just enjoyed watching this...and I feel inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

wibiya widget

Share |