Recently, my dream of becoming a published author, one I have nursed and nurtured for many long, difficult years, became something that wasn't merely a hope, but something that I'll have to wait for. Something certain, real, and so very much alive. I still can't believe it!!!
And I am so thankful.
I think that people spend a lot of time complaining. Once upon a time, I did it too. Maybe we do it because we're afraid? Or maybe we do it because we're bored? Maybe we're not pushing ourselves hard enough or maybe we're just being way too hard on ourselves. Whatever that reason is, though, I think if we replaced a lot of the things we say, think and do with gratitude, we'd see a whole new kind of world. An amazing world where there is enough to go around. Where we are partners and not competitors. Where the biggest issue of the day is which victory we want to celebrate louder!
I want to be thankful for my life. For every beautiful or harrowing thing that happens to me. And I am.
I want to give a shout-out to the people that inspire me. Most of you know who you are, but those who don't, I'm sure I'll find a way to show you. Thank you for what you do, every day. I want to be like you! :)
Tuesday, 29 July 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This debate has been going on for a while now, and I wanted to add my two cents. Many people out there in the wide world believe that sex ...
-
Hey y'all!!! So, as part of this blogfest, hosted by Leigh and Lydia , I am going to post my most awesome WRITER JOKE . yep. you hea...
-
Right now, I'm sitting at my desk with a sheet strung across the window. I'm staring at the start of two books, either of which may ...
-
I love the line drawings in the classics and think it is a real shame that popular books now don't tend to have them. I recently finishe...
-
First, some appropriate tunage. They would make excellent paparazzi. No one would ever suspect that face! SPIES. Who could decipher their pu...
-
Have you guys seen THIS ??? It is a 10,000+ page book!! "The binding measures 8 1/2 x 11 x 24 inches and is possibly the thickest sing...
-
Hey guys! Well, here we are, the Pay it forward blogfest, hosted by the amazing Alex J. Cavanaugh ! So, there are so many wonderful blogger...
this is a good site
ReplyDeleteSatta king