
Jeremy Bates started this awesome blogfest, so hop on over and say hi!
I love Halloween. I love all things scary—books, films, themes, the haunted house rides at fairs—HALLOWEEEEN!!!
Bwahahahahaha!! :D
First, a piccie.
Last Halloween was AWESOME. I went to a dress up party at a friend's house and I was ELPHABA!!! I mean, come on. HOW COOL IS ELPHIE???
This is my best ever pumpkin lantern—from Halloween 2009:
And I was a witch that year :)
Favorite monster movie? Let me define: Creature film. Mmmm. . . I loved Ginger Snaps. (Teen gets bitten by werewolf and begins to change into one. Good jumpy moments, lots of sex appeal).
Also really loved Pandorum. Sci-fi monster-horror at its best.
Another fantastic one: Splice. Genetic manipulation = scary monster-human storyline at its best :)
Favorite ghost movies? Paranormal Activity (Can we have a HELL YEAH for PA3??)
And also House on Haunted Hill.
Best "Devil" film? Prince of Darkness. This one is an oldie. I saw it when I was a tiny tot on TV and again a few years ago. It has a wonderful, tense, eerie atmosphere.
Best Sci-fi horror film? Hands down: Event Horizon. This film is pretty scary.
Grossest film I've ever heard of? The Human Centipede.
Best scary book I've ever read (hands down): House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski. This novel is SCARY. In a very subtle, psychological way. It is an ergodic novel, meaning that the way the text is laid out on the page plays a part in how the story is experienced. See my previous post about this amazing book here.
Happy haunting, y'all!
<3













HAPPY HALLOWEEN BABE!
ReplyDeleteohmygoodness! that punk'n is AMAZING!
ginger snaps was one of those movies where i was like:
is this terrible? is this genius? can't tell!
and HOUSE OF LEAVES. i own it, i want to read it, but i NEED TIME!!! ugh!
have fun creeping yourself out!
ooo, crap! that Splice was too freaky! But look at you as Elphaba! You looked marvelous! Very good job w/the green makeup. LOL! Happy Halloween~
ReplyDeleteawesome post! Halloween Hop!
ReplyDeleteHi! The scariest book I've ever read was "IT". It reached deep into my subconsciousness and scared the heck out of me! For Halloween I'll be dragging out my Elmo snuggy for my couch potato costume.
~Lynn
@Vic—Happy Halloween!!! Bwahahahahahahaha! :D Your will regret reading that book, at least once while you're reading it . . . :P
ReplyDelete@LTM—Happy Halloween! I know, it was freakydeaky! :D Thank you! *blushes*
@FBR—Thanks so much for stopping by! I am going to hop on over to your blog right now :D
@Lynn—Ooh, I loved IT the book so much! I was about 13 when I read it, and it chiiiiillled me. Haha! Love your Hallween costume idea ;D
Yes! Everyone always hates on Event Horizon, but I thought it was incredibly creepy and unsettling.
ReplyDeleteI'm here from the Halloween Hop and I love your blog! So cool. Great Halloween costumes too! You rock!
ReplyDeleteHappy Halloween Hop, Dawn - good to *meet* you ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your movie recs; as much as I know it can't be good, I'm going to have to put "The Human Centipede" on my list. Maybe it's the bug thing; my pick for scariest book is "The Uninvited" by William Johnstone. I just reviewed it at Paranormal Wastelands if you want to read about it: http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/10/uninvited-reviewed-by-author-shelley.html , although most people say, "No thanks" as soon as they see the cover ;)
Dropping by for the Halloween hop :-)
ReplyDeleteCool blog, new follower here
My favourite scary movie or book...erm well i'm not really a fan of anything scary to be honest! A total wimp!
This year i won't be dressing up until next month when i go and visit my sister in Scotland. Not a clue what i'm going to wear yet...lol.
TToria
xo
http://ttoria.blogspot.com
superb makeup! creepy scary movies!
ReplyDeleteso what are you going to be this year?
@Alex—Yeah, I definitely thought it was creepy. That and Silent Hill.
ReplyDelete@Abby—Thank you!!! :D
@Shelly—Nice to meet you! I had a look at the cover—looks interesting!
@TToria—Ooh, I adore Scotland! Have fun! :D
@Tara—This year I'm thinking creepy clown . . .
Hi Dawn -- I'm here for Jeremy's Halloween Hop and to say hi.
ReplyDeletefirst off, awesome jack o lantern!!!
ReplyDeletei tried a few years back and botched it massively!!
and great movie selection! i loved splice and event horizon......... and ive never seen human centipede but heard its gross lol (saw the south park take)
thanks for participating in the HOP!!!
best
jeremy
You do know your horror, don't you? :-)
ReplyDeleteI’m here visiting from Jeremy Bates' blog hop, and I love your blog!
My favorite scary book is IT (scared the crap out of me as a kid), movie that horrified me most was Rob Zombie’s remake of Halloween, and I did not dress up this year, because I suck. One of my favorite costumes in the past was "Dead Baby Roller Blades."
Happy Halloween! If you feel inclined to come visit, too, I'm at http://www.amberrisme.com :-)
I haven't seen Pandorum or The Human Centipede. I'll have to check those ones out. Nice costumes. What did you go as this year?
ReplyDelete@Patricia—Hi!
ReplyDelete@Jeremy—Awesome hop :)
@Amberr—Absolutely! :D
@Draven—a scary clown thing . . .