Share This

Tuesday, 13 September 2011

What is your next book?

I'm going to pick up on the brilliant Alexandra Sokoloff's blog post today, where she poses the question: "Do you know what your next book is?"

It's a question I'm interested in because I'm sure we're all different. While you guys are writing and/or editing your manuscripts, do you know what your next book is going to be?

The simple answer for me used to be "No. It'll come when it comes." That changed some years ago. Now I'd have to say, "Yeah, I know what the next 4 books are going to be."

How about you guys?

And for those of you who do know where you are going/what you will be doing over the next four years—do you feel creatively stifled, or do you feel safe?

It's an interesting question, and one that we'll all be pondering as November approaches . . .


Happy writing, guys!

*hugs*

8 comments:

  1. i think i know which one i want to work on next... but we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss that feeling of possibility. Although, I do like knowing what is coming (even if I don't precisely know the entire plot). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't; I'm hoping Alexandra's posts will help me pinpoint my next MS. I have ideas, but none of them in their current states (I should brainstorm, I know it) has me itching to commit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was writing my first, I only envisioned one book. Then fans wanted a sequel! I listened to what they wanted and wrote a second book. (I even had a guest post this week on writing a sequel.) Now I'm trying to come up with a great idea for the third, because everyone wants a trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, it's more that I have multiple ideas that *could* become the next WIP, but only one is really going to take center stage. What's really frustrating is when that center stager decides to back down and let another shine. Before I've finished it. *sighs*

    Hope you're having a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the possibilities are exciting, no?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know my next few books. I already outlined for one of them. I'm a planner/plotter, so I like to know what's ahead of me.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

wibiya widget

Share |