Share This

Sunday, 13 February 2011

Book Review: Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers

Overall Rating:




Release Date: 3 February 2011

Publisher: St Martin’s Griffin

Genre: Young Adult

Pages: 224

Buy the Book: Amazon, IndieBound, Anywhere books are sold








From the author of Cracked Up to Be and Some Girls Are comes a gripping young adult novel about one girl s search for clues into her father s sudden suic

ide. When Eddie Reeves s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? W

hen she meets Culler Evans, former student of her father s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. He seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on...but some questions should be left unanswered.








Courtney Summers is the Queen of contemporary YA fiction, and I think that—apart from her absorbing premises—the reason is that she has mastered the voice of every novel she has written. Three books so far: Cracked up to Be, Some Girls Are and Fall for Anything—Parker, Regina and Eddie each have a unique and real voice.

Once I opened the first page of Fall for Anything I was there. I was walking around in Eddie’s shoes, searching for answers as much as she was. I was as consumed with the question “Why” as Eddie was. Summers has a remarkable ability to involve me in her story so much that I really felt as if I was grieving for Eddie’s loss as if it were my own and I was fully invested in this epic journey.

Ultimately heartbreaking and unflinchingly honest, Fall for Anything was a book I could barely put down to go to sleep at night, and even when I managed to, the story wouldn’t leave me alone. Read Fall for Anything; it will stay with you for a long time. I think I was crying when the last page turned.

Once again, a standing ovation for Courtney Summers. Another pitch-perfect novel that I am head-over-heels in love with.


Book Trailer











Characters 5/5

Dialogue 5/5

Writing 5/5

Plot 5/5

Style: 5/5

Opening 5/5

Ending 5/5

*New Category* Voice 5/5

*New Category* Pace 5/5









“My hands are dying. I keep trying to explain it to Milo, but he just looks at me like I’m crazy.”

“Ginger ale is usually only for when we’re sick and I know we’re not technically sick, but every time I’m at home, I feel like I could puke so that must be close enough.”

“We don’t talk. It’s quiet between us lately. All the time. Sometimes I’m afraid my dad’s death has stolen whatever sparked between us back in the second grade. We never used to be this kind of quiet.”

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

wibiya widget

Share |